Student Grievances

A student may seek recourse from any college nonacademic program or employment-related dispute, alleged discrimination on the basis of race, national origin, color, sex, disability, or age, including alleged violation of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments Acts of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, or other state or federal legislation through the following procedures:

Informal Procedure

The student should seek informal resolution with the individual department or person concerned before initiating a written complaint. Remember to use the model of reconciliation as taught by the Lord Jesus Christ in Matthew 18:15-17. First go alone to discuss the matter. If the situation remains unresolved then take two or three others with you to humbly approach the other person. Pray about the situation and for the other person(s) involved. Do not spread the news of the matter to others in order to garner support.

Formal Procedure

If the complaint is not satisfactorily resolved, the student may submit a written grievance form and may request a hearing with the Dean of Student Affairs.

  • The informal resolution may be ended at any time and the complainant may begin he formal procedure by submitting a written grievance within 30 days of the event or action.
  • Grievances must include the demographic information regarding the complainant, the clear facts of the case, the disposition or resolution achieved thus far and the requested resolution by the complainant.
  • A hearing will be held with the Dean of Student Affairs ordinarily within 15 working days from the filing of the written grievance.
  • Additional information or clarification may be requested before a hearing is scheduled.
  • NOTE: Appeals that are based solely on the severity of a sanction that upon investigation are within the parameters of the available sanctions for an event or action are not considered grounds for appeal.

If the complaint is not satisfactorily resolved with the Dean of Student Affairs, the student may then request, within 15 working days, a hearing with the College Administration. This hearing will ordinarily be held within 15 working days. This is the final appeal.

Each stated time frame will be the ordinary process. More time may be necessary in the event of a lengthy investigation, hearing, illness, or other unforeseen circumstances.

The complainant will be notified of results at each step of the grievance process. All grievances, with all papers, recommendations, and decisions related to federal or state regulations, will be reported to the Academic Dean in whose office all files will be kept.

Because grievance and appeal processes are private college administrative hearings, legal counsel or representation is inappropriate.

File a Complaint with the Indiana Commission on Higher Education

The following websites are provided for any student who wishes to file a complaint against the school. There are three categories:

For Discrimination:

For Financial Aid:

For Law Violation:

FERPA Rights

The student has the right to file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education concerning alleged failures by the college to comply with the requirements of FERPA. You may contact them by calling 1-800-872-5327 or by mail at:

Family Policy Compliance Office
U.S. Department of Education
400 Maryland Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20202-8520